Recipe: Messy Wedges Topped Off With Chilli Con Carne
With a dish like these spicy loaded chilli wedges, it’s all about flavour and fun – not necessarily presentation.
Or, in the words of Pallas Foods chef Simon Hudson: “That’s why we call them messy wedges. Because at the end of the day, they’re messy wedges.”
Inspired by the trendy street food style, this dish offers an opportunity for creativity. Many chefs like to put their own twist on these messy wedges by adding their own flavours by adding brisket, pulled pork, spices and so on. This easy dish offers great mark-ups, quick turnaround time and satisfaction of the hungry masses.
Makes 1 portion
- 250g potato wedges (VG809Z)
- 2g carnitas spice mix (Z499011)
- 80g chilli con carne (31638 or homemade)
- 30g guacamole (MS727Z or homemade)
- 30g salsa (MX130 or homemade)
- 30g sour cream (CH1152)
- 30g mexican mix grated cheese (CH1072)
- 5g chopped scallions (VW710)
- 5 sliced jalapenos (9698)
- Deep fry or oven roast wedges until crispy and then toss in the Carnitas spice mix.
- Place wedges in a bowl and top with the hot chilli con carne.
- Sprinkle over the Mexican cheese and grill under the salamander.
- Finish with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream (this can be done randomly to give the appearance of “Messy wedges”).
- Finally scatter the scallions and jalapenos on top.
For more recipes from our team of experts, click here.