Environment and Safety Policy
It is the policy of Pallas Foods to provide a nationwide next day delivery service of top quality products to the food service industry without risk to the environment or to the safety, health or welfare of employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public. Our key safety objective is to provide a safe place of work for our employees, visitors and contractors. Our key environmental objective is to minimise our negative impacts. We will manage our environmental, health and safety hazards and risks in compliance with all legal and other requirements. We will strive to continually improve our environmental, health and safety performance. Pallas Foods is committed to the prevention of pollution, accidents, injuries and ill health by identifying and eliminating the causes and potential causes of hazards to health, safety and the environment.
We will achieve this, where so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Providing appropriate information, instruction and supervision necessary to ensure the safety, health and welfare of our employees and others while at work, and to protect the environment. All employees shall receive adequate health and safety training and will only be allocated tasks suitable to their skill level and level of training.
- Appropriate equipment will be provided for work activities. All equipment will be appropriately maintained while in use.
- A safe place of work will be provided for all employees and others, so they may complete their work without risk of injury.
- All EH&S accidents, near misses or safety observations highlighted to Pallas Foods will be investigated and appropriate control measures implemented to prevent a recurrence.
- Adequate resources will be provided by Pallas Foods to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. Where necessary, the services of a competent person will be obtained for the purpose of ensuring the safety of its employees while at work.
- The Company will identify and comply with all EH&S legislative requirements and appropriate guidelines, in order to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Risk assessments will be completed for all tasks and hazards which pose a significant risk due to our activities. Control measures identified will be appropriate for the hazard identified and will be communicated to the relevant employees.
- Environmental aspects and impacts will be assessed and appropriate controls maintained.
- The Company will prevent accidents, ill health and pollution. We will continuously improve our environmental, health and safety performance through setting objectives and targets and implementing improvement programs. These objectives and programs will be-; linked to the most significant EH&S hazards and risks where possible.
- Appropriate plans will be provided and communicated, in the event of an emergency in Pallas Foods. In addition, adequate fire detection and prevention systems will be installed and maintained.
This Policy will be communicated to employees and contractors and is available to the public on request at our premises.