Pallas Foods Job Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of any recruitment process, Pallas Foods collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our obligations relating to data protection.
What information do we collect?
We will collect a range of information from you including:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and any covering letter.
- The information you have provided on any application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
- Information about your current remuneration package.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview.
- Information about your entitlement to work in Ireland.
- Information about any referees that may be contacted as part of your application.
- We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records or disability status
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal information collected?
We may collect this information in a variety of ways including in application forms, CVs, from your passport or other identity documents, or through interviews or other forms of assessment. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, or from background check providers or any recruitment agency you have used.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role, to carry out background and reference checks, where applicable, to communicate with you about the recruitment process, to comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to keep records related to our recruitment processes.
We may use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, and we may use information about your race or national or ethnic origin to monitor recruitment statistics.
It is in our legitimate interests to process personal data during the recruitment process and to keep records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend any legal claims.
If you fail to provide personal information
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us. However, if you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application, we will not be able to process your application successfully.
We will only share your personal information with any recruitment consultancy you may have used during the application process or with other entities in our group. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for 24 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. This will allow us to consider you for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed. If you do not wish us to keep your information for this period, you may ask us to delete your information at any time.
Your rights in connection with personal information
As a data subject, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of your personal information.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request deletion of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or have any questions about how we handle your personal information, please contact email@example.com.