Warehouse Operative – Dublin
We are currently recruiting for Warehouse General Operatives for our Dublin Distribution centre. These roles will require candidates to be available to work night shifts in areas with temperature and humidity variations (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
Be part of the biggest Foodservice Team on the Island of Ireland.
- Moving stock in environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer.
- Labelling, stacking of products and dispatch of products in accordance with selecting and picking procedures.
- Operate an electric power pallet truck or forklift to transport product (Current IPAF licence holders only).
- Stage pallets for loading on proper bay locations and load trucks to various destinations.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to mechanical handling equipment, arm mounted terminal.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections paperwork, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- To perform counts and inventory integrity.
- Meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established through engineered production standards. Requires working efficiently, proactively and Health and Safety conscious in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer.
- Meet or exceed established accuracy levels.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Hygiene in your department and good housekeeping.
- Health and Safety of yourself and others around you.
- Ensuring that you keep good relationships with your team members in your work area.
- Reporting damages, accidents and issues relating to Food Safety.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Previous General Operative experience essential.
- Must be available and willing to work evenings/ nights.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be an excellent team player.
- Must have a good standard of English literacy/ numeracy.
- Always follow Pallas Foods preferred work methods, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Follow procedures to comply with HACCP policy.
- To ensure the Warehouse is kept in a safe clean and hygienic manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business, as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to you by your manager.
- Group life scheme
- Access to Sysco Online Interactive University
- VHI employment assistance programme
- Staff Purchases Scheme
- Industry leading salaries
- Flexible shifts with opportunities to earn
- Company Pension Plan
- Great opportunities to advance
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a Cover Letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.