Warehouse Manager – Dublin
This is a fantastic opportunity for any experienced ‘Operational Leaders’ looking for a rewarding career experience within an industry renowned, global organisation. Focused on leading our operations overnight in our Dublin Distribution Centre. Responsible for the operational planning & execution of our outbound functions in a state of the art fully composite Distribution Centre, you must have experience of leading and building teams to drive performance, engagement and support our vision to being our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
As we strive to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service, this role will through our values, deliver on our commitment to excellence through our cross functional teams.
The role requires a candidate who will:
- As an already experienced warehouse section, shift, department or line manager be used to managing teams of colleagues through direct reports in a fast paced FMCG, Retail or 3PL environments.
- Provide consistently high levels of customer service delivery, monitoring accuracy, performance and productivity, coaching and developing your team, always within a safe and compliant operating environment.
- Demonstrate capacity and experience, a natural leader and people motivator, ensuring optimum productivity is achieved, always looking for areas to improve and enhance.
- Be adept in all areas of the warehouse operation, monitoring KPIs for service, selection, loading, and compliance
- Ideally come from a ‘day 1, for day 2’ Retail, 3PL, Multi-Channel or FMCG warehousing background, though it is your leadership and communication skills which will be essential to your application.
- A confident user of IT with good familiarity of WMS and associated technology
- Can demonstrate experience of mobilising change in people and processes
As a confident leader of teams of people with a dynamic and engaging approach you will inspire a culture of high performance and continuous improvement across all areas of the business
- To ensure all key performance indicators are monitored and achieved through effective management of direct reports.
- To recruit, develop and manage direct reports to support delivery of the business KPI’s
- To have full accountability and responsibility for the performance of own department(s) including achieving auditable standards
- To ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met
- To contribute to, plan and execute the day to day operational strategy.
- To identify opportunities and implement initiatives for continuous improvements in ways of working, quality, consistency and effectiveness of process
- To develop all colleagues through appropriate interventions, such as probationary reviews, appraisals, PDP’s and frequent and candid conversations in order to drive high performing individuals and teams.
- To adhere to performance and absence management processes to ensure under performance of individuals and teams is managed appropriately. Analyse trends where appropriate, coach and where necessary follow the disciplinary processes.
- To manage all employee relations issues In line with Company Policy and legal requirements
- To facilitate effective communication within the department, across the site, and also the wider business through regular feedback and ensuring team briefs are conducted which ensure all colleagues are informed of site changes and have up to date business information.
- To ensure housekeeping standards, and safe systems of work are met and maintained in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and local standards and act in line with Company Health & Safety Policy.
- To create and promote a supportive working atmosphere
- Demonstrate the ability to coach, lead and motivate large & diverse teams to deliver results.
- Managerial experience within a similar size manufacturing, processing or distribution environment of no less than 5 years
- Proven working knowledge of Health & Safety and legal requirements within a distribution environment
- Ability to interpret data and effectively apply outcome to the needs of the business
- Experience of working within set budgetary and performance targeted workplace
- Able to clearly communicate at all levels (direct and indirect reports) delegating to the appropriate level
- Adaptable and self-aware
- Ability to make decisions based on evaluation of risks, impact of decision on all departments
- Ability to influence peers and senior managers
- Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
- Building Effective Relationships – Is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style. Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a Cover Letter and CV via email to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 3rd December 2020
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.