Since the early 1980s, when the company was founded by the Geary family, Pallas Foods has been dedicated to providing the best produce, products and service to our customers. Three decades later, this vision has seen the company evolve into one of the top food–service distributors on the island of Ireland. Since 2009, Pallas Foods has been part of Sysco, and what began as a small family business just over 30 years ago is now a team of over 850 people. Our team are all dedicated to providing excellent quality, products and services to our customers.
Pallas Foods now has over 8,000 customers, each drawing on our experience and our vast portfolio, which features more than 12,500 products. We are the only company in Ireland to offer fresh, frozen, ambient and non–food products, in addition to an extensive wine list from our Private Vines Collection and a selection of Ireland’s finest craft beers.
We’re very proud of the relationships we have built up through the years. Through our innovation and attention to detail, we have grown with our customers and contributed greatly to Ireland’s reputation as a haven for fine food. Our customer’s success is our success, and we have been with them every step of the way as Ireland’s catering industry has grown and developed into the world–class phenomenon it is today. We remain committed to helping our customers succeed far into the future, as new trends, appetites, challenges, opportunities and ways of presenting food and drink emerge.
In addition to providing complete catering solutions through our range of products, we are fully committed to providing exceptional customer service.
About the Role:
If you are a self-starter, who is driven by the opportunity to hit and exceed sales targets, in a customer obsessed environment where there is always a solution to succeed, then this is a role for you.
You will be an ambassador for Pallas Foods in all that you do, working with integrity and a strong sense of customer first, you will be passionate about consistently delivering on the Customer Experience we promise to our Pallas Foods Customers
- Act as the first point of contact with our Customers through our contact channels, consistently displaying full ownership of customer requests
- Increase our Customers awareness across our full product offering, while understanding the customers’ business to best match their needs
- Constantly put the customer at the heart of everything you do
- Process all customer enquiries, orders and general administration timely and accurately
- Achieve a strong volume of sales and retain a target margin
- Maximise sales by continually expanding orders, up-selling and cross-selling products on both incoming and outgoing calls
- Develop and maintain full product knowledge of all our products and also the prices while also being market aware of our competitors
- Maintain, through the effective use of a follow up process, regular contact with new and existing customers to ensure that relationships are maintained for potential repeat business
- Build long-term sustainable working relationships with customers and related parties by being the Voice of Pallas Foods
- Have the attention to detail and experience of getting sales across the line
- Liaise with and support our field-based Sales Representatives to ensure that customers’ pricing and orders are processed timely and accurately
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of one year in a similar role which is a hybrid of a sales role with some customer service elements is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel and the ability to work with multiple IT applications in your day to day role
- Knowledge of Salesforce is desirable
- Capability of proving sales track record in acquiring cross/up sell business and developing customer accounts
- Capability of proving credibility with customers and building strong customer relationships preferred.
- Motivated and driven to achieve sales targets.
- Ability to think creatively in proposing customer solutions.
- Excellent and accurate literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to work in a busy environment
- Outstanding organisation skills and ability to prioritise work
- A keen interest in delivering superb customer service
- A proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Flexible with the ability to work to across multiple shift patterns
Interested Applicants should apply with an Application Letter & CV to the HR Department by post to HR Department, Pallas Foods, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org