Learning & Development Manager
Reporting to the HR Director, this role provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Learning and Development professional to join the HR function within Pallas Foods. As a new role, this position provides an excellent opportunity to hold responsibility for the full design, facilitation, development, implementation and delivery of L&D programmes for both online and offline delivery in a dynamic Multi National business. These programmes will provide support the wider business across a range of functions including Supply Chain & Logistics, Operations, Field based Sales, Contact Centre, Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, HR and Business Technology.
Contributing to the wider strategic aims of the business and leveraging support from the wider Sysco Europe and Corporate L&D Teams, this role will play a pivotal part in delivering the HR strategic initiatives in Ireland. You will be responsible for programmes such as Leadership Development, Professional Development, Talent Development, Sales Capability Strategies, Operational Excellence, Coaching & Mentoring, Diversity & Inclusion and Graduate Programmes. You will work in partnership with managers to proactively implement effective and innovative L&D solutions to successfully address business needs.
- Design, develop, facilitate, implement and delivery a combination of instructor-led, e-learning and other training solutions for the business
- Successfully develop and foster the desired competencies and capabilities within each function
- Support the development of a high-performance culture through appropriate L&D initiatives
- Successfully support management in building and developing internal talent
- Maintain the Learning Management System – Sysco Interactive University
- Schedule and facilitate a variety of trainings to ensure business needs are met
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with the functional leaders to deliver appropriate and effective L&D solutions for the needs of the business
- Design of technical training in conjunction with subject matter experts
- Management of external training providers
Evaluate training programs, learning methodologies, strategies and technologies to continuously improve training programs and ensure alignment with business needs
- Develop and maintain role specific training materials, including job aids and visual aids, to ensure alignment with current practices
- Degree qualified in Learning & Development or related discipline
- Qualified Train the Trainer
- 5+ years’ experience in a Learning & Development role in a dynamic environment
- Prior experience in the successful design and delivery of a wide variety of L&D initiatives that adds value to the business
- Prior experience of Insights methodology and delivery desirable
- Professional Coaching Qualification desirable
- Experience of maintaining an online training portal
- Energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others
- Attention to detail, problem solving, strong reporting skills
- Proven track record of acting as a SME / trainer in the provision of management, leadership and professional development training
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills including time management
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Developing Talent – Has a strong track record of developing and retaining talent successfully. Skilled at coaching and constructing rigorous development assignments to meet business needs.
- Building Effective Relationships – Maintains constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style. Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a CV to
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.