Financial Reporting Accountant – Newcastle West 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our existing Finance team based in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role within the finance department as we continue to enhance our best in class department. This role is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre Financial Reporting Accountant.
• Owner of the day to day finance function for a sizable entity within the Pallas Foods Group (Sysco’s Ireland operations)
• Lead the month end financial reporting process and adhere to tight reporting timelines
• Lead year end audit process for the entity
• Commercially focused accountant with a keen interest in process improvement
• Sales, margin and operating expense analysis
• Implementing and monitoring KPIs across each operating cost centre
• Involvement in planning and forecasting of operating cost
• Full balance sheet reconciliation process including fixed assets, accruals and prepayments
• Work closely with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable team and ensure processes are structured to maximise efficiencies
• Manage intercompany receivable/payable balance reconciliation process
• Qualified Accountant
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills
• The candidate should demonstrate a substantial knowledge and understanding of accountancy procedures, with the ability to work accurately and in a detailed manner to meet strict deadlines.
• Creative & innovative individual with a strong ability to identify opportunities to improve processes
• Foodservice industry experience desirable but not essential
• Full clean B driving license
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a
Cover Letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.