Development Chef – West
The Development Chef will have responsibility for all product categories within their assigned geographical area of the West of Ireland. The Development Chef will focus on accelerating growth and consistently delivering a positive experience to our customers.
The role requires a candidate who will:
• Attract the Customer to Pallas Foods – Demonstrating we have the products the customers want/need, delivering product training, being first to the market with new trends, sourcing innovative product solution for our customers’ needs via interactive events such as factory trips, KIS review, etc.
• Enrich the Customer Experience – Building a partnership that demonstrates we provide a service that enriches the customers business, creating value beyond price and product.
• Appreciate – Listening and proactively reacting to our customers desires and motivations, recognising and reward their value to the business and establishing a true partnership approach.
• Grow sales, profit and margins within the assigned area by increasing customer retention and improving customer satisfaction levels.
• Menu Development/Consultancy, working with customers to recommend innovative solutions and Pallas products enriching their business.
• Market Development – Work with the inhouse category teams on the latest trends, growth sectors etc and bring this to life with the customers.
• Sales Team Training – Working with the Category management team to drive sales of new and existing products.
• Customer Engagement in line with Area Sales Managers and District Sales Managers customer plans through the following medium:
• Group KIS Reviews within region.
• Key account KIS reviews on site.
• Factory Tours/Visits
• Product Sampling, demonstration, cook offs
• Present new products, services, and ideas to increase sales and meet established objectives.
• Complete and capture up-date sales opportunities on 360 advocating consistent use of all available system tools.
• Highly informed and focused on industry and market competition and trends.
• Delivering against target events quarterly and sales post customer engagement.
• Be highly responsive and flexible to your customer’s needs.
Retain – Improving and retaining our existing customers base ensuring we are positioned as our customers supplier of choice.
• Qualified Chef with a Bachelor of Culinary Arts or equivalent
• Minimum 3+ years in a kitchen management role.
• An in-depth knowledge of the food & catering market, including trends and market demands.
• Geographical area knowledge.
• 3 -5 years sales experience within the foodservice sales market preferable.
• High level of flexibility.
• Be a team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Have a proactive approach to customer needs.
• Strong analytical skills and computer literacy.
• Full clean B Driving License.
• Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
• Flexibility & Adaptability – Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
• Building Effective Relationships – Is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
• Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style.
• Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a Cover Letter and CV via email to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 14th February 2020.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.