Credit Controller (12- Month FTC)
We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our Credit Control Department based in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick.
As a credit controller, you will assist in managing the debtor’s ledger for the company and liaise with various departments within the business whilst reporting directly to the assistant credit manager. You will monitor closely the leger performance, allocate payments and run various reports as the business demands as well as promote a sound working environment with your peers.
Using a professional and proactive attitude, you will provide your team with clear and concise guidance and support, encouraging productivity and ensuring that targets and deadlines are met. You will also produce and analyse complex debt ledgers and identify key issues requiring strong analytical and numerical skills. You will work closely with front of office departments including sales and pricing teams. An ability to build strong working relationships is a must.
To be considered, you must have previous experience in an accounts department. Experience in a credit environment within the food services sector would be advantageous but is not essential. More essential is your excellent understanding of debt ledgers, payment applications and overdues. Knowledge of SOX compliance would also be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned customer base and ledger as part of the credit team to maintain overall debtor day KPI
- Maintain regular customer contact by phone, email etc.
- Manage bad debt movement on assigned Ledger and identify accounts that may require special attention or are high risk
- Negotiate and agree Payment Plans
- Work with minimum supervision on collection of overdue debt
- Use own initiative to achieve targets while promoting customer centricity
- Liaise with Sales Force and Area managers when necessary to ensure timely collection of outstanding debt
- Resolve disputed accounts and negotiate to bring payments into line with terms
- Ensure Credit Management policies and procedures are adhered to
- Weekly/Monthly Reporting identifying individual measurement and performance statistics
- Other Ad Hoc Duties as assigned by Credit Management Team
You will be accountable for:
- The Debtors Ledger Management
- Maintaining a high level of performance in conjunction with company KPIs
- Agreeing customer credit terms and limits
- Handle customer queries
- Ensuring that all customer records are properly maintained
- Ensuring relevant transactions are processed on a daily basis.
- Ensuring SOX compliance is adhered at all times
- Minimum of 2 years credit/accounts experience
- Relevant qualification an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- A high proficiency in excel is essential for this role, experience of AX / Navision an advantage
- Full class B drivers’ licence and flexibility to travel
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.