The Commercial Accountant will have a great opportunity to be involved in the growth of the business and develop the Commercial department’s contribution to the business development process. You will be an integral part of the sales, finance & operational team, responsible for providing key commercial information to the business and accountable for the integrity and accuracy of same. This role will support the management of the business to manage and enhance the performance within the business.
- Play a leading role in preparation of the business profit plan. Preparation of budget reforecast as they arise during year.
- Partner with key stakeholders in all business units in relation to the review of customer profitability and appraisal of existing and new business categories and customer accounts.
- Provide financial analysis and margin reports on product ranges & customer groups. Identify and implement corrective actions where applicable.
- Ongoing margin analysis, root cause categorisation of variances.
- Preparing and developing financial models to evaluate tenders, proposals and manage financial risks.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives to deliver value (price, cost and process).
- Competitor, industry and economic analysis.
- Active participation in ad-hoc projects.
Competencies & Experience required for success in this role:
- Proven experience of managing financial data, building financial models and reports.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (evaluating risks).
- Strong at presenting complex information in a user-friendly way that meets the needs of a range of stakeholders.
- A self-starter with a high degree of analytical rigour and positive attitude.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels including Senior Management. Teamwork and collaboration and the ability to build effective partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Experience of working with business units on business planning.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task while performing in a fast-paced environment;
- This position will be predominantly based in Limerick, but the candidate must be flexible to travel and to temporarily locate in other business units nationwide.
- Full B Driving License.
- Degree qualified with either an ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualification with 2-3 years PQE, with a track record of experience in a commercial accounting or management accounting position.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of financial and sales analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter referencing the job title by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.