|Reporting to:||Category Manager|
|Number of Roles:||Two|
Reporting to the Category Manager, there are two available Buyer positions within the Procurement team which will be responsible for assisting in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin for the Protein categories. These two Buyer positions available will be based in Newcastle West and each position will support a different product portfolio within the category.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain strategic relationships with suppliers, supporting the development and implementation of commercial supplier strategy
- Manage the cost price, ensuring all data is accurate, negotiation / tendering of cost improvements and promotions.
- Work with the Category Manger to develop short and long-term plans for your categories
- Working cross functionally to ensure the business KPI’s are meet.
- Keep abreast of market trends, develop strategies to capitalise on those trends.
- Manage the range assortment to ensure Pallas Foods product offering is ahead of the market and competitive always.
- Supporting events and exhibitions, attending tradeshows.
- Ensure clear communication and smooth implementation on all range assortment changes in your area.
- Assist in the production of weekly and monthly reports
- Assist the Category Manager with a broad range of tasks
- Actively progress Sysco Group and Constellation joint sourcing projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Third Level Degree in a Business / Procurement / Food related discipline desirable
- 3+ years’ experience in a procurement function managing supplier negotiations desirable
- Demonstrated track record of applying financial, commercial, or procurement skills to a range of business-related objectives, such as delivering cost savings or enhancing the quality of services provided to businesses
- MS Office – minimum of intermediate excel, word and PowerPoint
- High level of commercial awareness
- The role will involve both travel within Ireland and some travel to the UK and Overseas so a degree of flexibility is required