For the salsa – Serves 15
FW145 Pineapple Extra Sweet Single | 650g
VW154 Shallots Banana 4/5kg Case | 140g
VW160 garlic | 5g
VR105 White Wine Vinegar 5 Ltr Tub | 40ml
SG117 Caster Sugar – 3kg Pack | 40g
OL102 Extra Virgin Olive Oil 5 Ltr Tub | 40mls
For the slaw – Serves 15
VG706 Coleslaw Dry Mix 2kg | 2kg
VW133 Ginger 1kg | 20g
VW191 Red Chillies 500g | 30g
PU300 Sesame Seeds 1kg pack | 12g
HB106 Fresh Herb – Coriander 100g | 20g
OR342 Sesame Oil 600ml Bottle | 10ml
OR300 Panda Oyster Flavoured Sauce 907gr | 15g
OR201 Soy Sauce- Kikkoman 1L Bottle | 50ml
OR515 Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce – 525g Bottle | 4ml
FW179 Lemons 100 Per Case | 2
FW126 Limes 6 Per Pack | 2
SG119 Brown Sugar – 3kg Pack | 20g
1. To cook the ribs, pre-heat an oven to 150 degrees c, then cook the ribs for 40 minutes, covered with greasepreoof paper and tin foil. Uncover the ribs an cook for a further 20 minutes until falling from the bone.
2. Meanwhile, to make the salsa, finely dice the shallot and pineapple and crush the garlic.
3. Whisk the oil, sugar and vinegar thoroughly, then add the shallot and pineapple and garlic.
4. Leave the mix to rest for 1 hour before serving.
5. To make the slaw, whisk the sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce and siracha thoroughly. Add the zest and juice of the lemons and limes.
6. Finely grate the ginger, chop the chilli and toast the sesame seeds, once this is done, add
them to the dressing. Poure entire mix over the coleslaw mix and leave the mix to rest for 1
7.Serve the ribs with a little of the slaw and some salsa on the side.